Ok, it has been over a full month of me not having gluten because of my diagnosis. I am actually doing pretty well minus a couple slip ups that led to PAIN. Accidents, but a good reminder to keep on the straight and narrow. Recovery seems to take a full week for me and it is misery during that week. Most gluten things make my stomach turn just thinking about them. Here are the unlikely few that I find myself mourning though.
No particular order.
- Garlic bread
- Crab rangoon
- Beer. Specifically New Belgium 1554. Anything dark though. :(
- Green bean casserole with those onion things on top
- Miracle Whip on a slice of bread (a poor kid’s comfort food)
- Beef, mushroom, and barley soup
- pita to dip in hummus
- Mini Wheats (cries forever)
And an honorary mention for creamed spinach. :(